Thursday, February 7, 2008

Brew Ha Ha

Last Friday me and some fellow beer drinkers (well except Ed...his libation of choice was whiskey on the rocks) attended the St. Arnold's pub crawl in the Heights. For those of you who are unfamiliar with St. Arnold's, they are the local brewery in Houston. The Abita of Houston, if you will. Yes...I did go there...they put out some pretty delicious brews and their tours are fun, although they will never even come close to a Purple Haze or Restoration Ale. Sorry guys, it's just not gonna happen.

Back to the pub crawl. It was madness. These pubs in the Heights just are not well-equipped for so many people at once. They're excellent places to chill, but one bathroom stall and two bar tenders are unacceptable for an influx of 400+ people. Maybe next time some port-o-potties, a few extra helping hands, perhaps a crossing guard to protect the intoxicated jaywalkers. Just a few suggestions...

It started at 5:30, so I was left with the dilemma of whether to eat before or enjoy the beers as a delicious liquid sustenance for the evening. I opted for the latter....bad move. Whoops! The Spring Bock, which was spectacular, is higher in alcohol content..natch. By the time we were to meet at Onion Creek for the 9pm collection of our free pint glass...I was way too drunk off of 3 beers. With my tolerance, that's unacceptable...

In serious need of food and a place to sober up before I drove home..I hobbled back to The Shack (Christy & Tommy's super sweet place) to play Rock Band and munch on Chex Mix for 4 straight hours. If you have not been introduced to the crack of the video gaming world...find a friend who has Rock Band. There should be personals: "SWF drummer seeks a Rock Band" If this doesn't work, Lucky's Pub in the Warehouse district has Rock Band nights (in lieu of Karaoke) on Wednesday nights. I haven't been yet, but if you have....let me know how it is!

Seriously...I think I am addicted. I may need to join a 12-step program...

No comments: