Tuesday, April 15, 2008

ACL 2008 Lineup!!

It's official and the countdown till 3 days of pure musical bliss is ON! Upon first glance, I was a little worried....but after looking at the complete list....I'm beyond excited!! Let's just hope that there are no stints in rehab, anxiety issues or illnesses during the last weekend of September.

Here's the lineup: http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx

And here are my "must sees":

  • Stars (My favorite band at the moment...love them LOOOOVE THEM!)
  • Foo Fighters
  • Beck
  • The Raconteurs
  • Gnarls Barkley
  • Conor Oberst
  • N.E.R.D.
  • Tegan & SAra
  • Iron & Wine (!!!!!)
  • Band Of Horses (Soooo excited about finally seeing them!)
  • The Swell Season (For those of you who have seen and love the movie "Once"...yeah...it's THEM!)
  • Okkervil River
  • HOT CHIP (I'm gonna dance my butt off just like LCD Soundsystem last year!)
  • Duffy (She sounds like Amy Winehouse, minus the crack addiction)
  • Jose Gonzales
  • Jamie Lidell
  • MGMT
  • M. Ward
  • Yeasayer
  • Louis XIV
  • CITY & COLOUR (Their live tracks rock...can't wait to see them in person!)

Okay...so I know that I probably won't be able to see every single act, but I'm going to give it a shot. Last year I thought I would be the only crazy one with a highlighted & printed out schedule...nope....there were lots of other crazy people there doing the same thing. Now I just need to book our awesome hotel that supplied us with candy to take to the fest....and fresh baked cookies for us every night when we got back! Best hotel ever....

Who are you looking forward to seeing....and who's comin' to party with the Brandie, Richie and Jesse crew??

"Ain't no party like the ACL party, cuz the ACL party don't stop!" - The Gospel Singers at the 2007 Fest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot Chip must be BIG time because they were featured on the KLM in flight channel from Houston to Amsterdam : ) - Cool song about getting on the floor, it's a little fuzzy with the time changes, can't offer much more of a description than that.

I also got the new Jack Johnson on your recommendation and am very happy I did. Thanks for that.