Thursday, June 26, 2008

J-E-L-L-O

Goodbye Jello shots and HELLO Pudding shots!

I have to preface this with a shoutout to TB for introducing us to such a creation during Francis' fabulous limo bus party. Thanks TB!

So some friends decided to make the traditional Jello shots for the party...while watching the chefs do their work, Tommy B found some boxes of Jello pudding and thought, "Why not?"

I believe the spirit of choice for the spiking was peach schnapps...and I have to say, it wasn't bad. It was a good start to a genius idea. I love pudding, I love alcohol...sounds like a winning combination.

After some intense discussions on optimizing the Pudding Shot, we came up with Baileys, Kahlua, any flavored rum, just to name a few. If you are going to improvise, proceed with caution and keep in mind the combination of flavors. For example, chocolate pudding and Kahlua would work perfectly...but lemon pudding, not so much. You get the hint.

I also found some recipes on the major recipe websites for the Pudding Shot. So we're not crazy, we just need to help support the cause.

Here's a recipe to get ya started:

Ingredients:
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup Baileys (or Kahlua)
8 ounces Cool Whip
Lots of itty bitty Dixie cups or steal some ketchup cups from Wendys.

Directions:
1. Mix pudding and milk until well blended.
2. Add vodka and Baileys, mix well.
3. Fold in Cool Whip
4. Pour into Dixie cups or "borrowed" Wendys cups.
5. Keep in freezer
6. After pudding is set...cheers!

Let me know of your own creations. I'll be enjoying these at the beach next week...

5 comments:

Jesse said...

I’ve never thought to put alcohol and pudding together, but it sounds genius. I think I will experiment with this idea for 4th of July festivities. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

This may be one of the most insightful things I have ever read "I love pudding, I love alcohol...sounds like a winning combination." Absolute genius!

Unknown said...

I must say, they actually were good during the limo bus bash... I am sure they'll reappear again.

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالهفوف
شركة سباكة بالاحساء
شركة نفخ المجاري بالاحساء
شركة شفط المجاري بالاحساء
شركة شفط بيارات بالاحساء

شركة المروة said...

طريقة تركيب طارد الحمام بالرياض